Monday, 27 October 2014

Celebrate ~ Lalaloopsy Makeover Party

I'm a bit behind with posts apologies. My daughter's 6th Birthday was held in August and was a very sweet party. Just a few friends and cousins at the local makeover boutique. We went for a lalaloopsy theme as it is one of my daughter's favourite things to play with and it has such a fun, colourful look! The colours I picked were Yellow, Pink and Orange with a touch of black.


For those who are not familiar with the theme, these little dolls are made from scraps of fabric, with cute button eyes and all the accessories are sewing themed - think cotton reels, stitching, fabric scraps, buttons etc.


I re-used the wooden 'C' from previous parties, which I wrapped in yellow lace and pink organza ribbon. A few colourful buttons finished it off.


I filled a pretty pink frame with yellow card and hot-glued buttons in the shape of a '6' to the front and finished off with a yellow organza bow.


I bought a fun orange pettiskirt, pink polka dot braces and a lalaloopsy iron on transfer which I attached to a plain white tee. I embellished it with orange polka dot ribbon on the sleeves, some mini pom poms on the neck and felt letter stickers. To finish off the look my daughter wore black and white long stripy socks, with hot pink canvas shoes adorned with orange laces and a few buttons.


The venue has a sweet area to set up the food, complete with picket fences, flowers and butterflies - perfect for this theme! 


My daughter's lalaloopsy doll received a cute new dress made out of a fabric scrap, ribbon and pom poms. A yellow flower sat in her hair.



I re-used the topiary tree from previous parties. I simply repainted the pot and stem, removed the ribbon loops and hot-glued on ribbon and buttons.


Paper plates with stickers on were made to resemble oversize buttons.



Juice bottles were covered in pink leopard print duct tape and finished off with a button sticker.


Fun napkins and stripy straws were displayed in yellow holders.



Along with sandwiches and healthy snacks, sweet treats were available.


I covered the tables in yellow tablecloths and added fun paper and fabric bunting adorned with buttons.


For the cake I bought a brightly coloured angel cake which I topped with homemade candy buttons, 2 cotton reels wrapped in yellow thread, nestled between bright candles.The cake was surrounded by cupcakes topped with more candy buttons. Each girl got to take a cupcake home and the cake was taken home for family.


I spent a weekend making 10 fabric bags, which I adorned with each girls name and stuffed full of fun things to take home. I covered a shoe box with pink wrapping paper and finished off with more felt stickers that read 'Thanks Sew Much' a few buttons finished off the look.


There were no games as such as each girl received a mini hair and nail makeover complete with a fairy dust glitter flower on their cheek and glitter tattoo. They all had a little dance while they were waiting their turn. They also got to write fairy notes and posted them through the fairy door. So much fun for little girls!

For the invite I used a fun printable here, (not sure what the original source is - if yours let me know and I will add link), which I found via Pinterest (the link to my 'Sew cute as a button' board is there if you are looking for more ideas on this theme.) My good bloggy friend Mel also passed on a few lalaloopsy-esque images which I used for our family party at home. (Thanks Mel - one image sits in her birthday message book as a reminder of this fun theme!)

I have a few posts planned on the favour bags and button topiary so hope you will pop back for those!

Thanks for reading and back soon.



6 comments:

  1. Very cute! Thanks for haring it with us at Decorate To celebrate! DTM, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya Estelle - it was lovely to hear from you - I love your lalaloopsy party - looks fab - things are very difficult here as you know but Shaun is so determined to beat this thing - he's so positive it keeps us all going. Big Hugs to you Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my too much cuteness in single post! how fun for them to get makeovers!! Glad the pictures came in handy, for my next birthday I think you need to adopt me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! such fabulous party decorations for a little girl:) Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our DECORATE TO CELEBRATE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great party. As usual, you thought of every detail. I love the 'Thanks Sew Much'. Makes me want to plan a lalaloospy party too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!