Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Create: Button Topiary Tree

Here's the first of a couple of posts detailing some of the makes from my daughter's recent Lalaloopsy party. 


I love to make topiary trees as centrepieces at my kids parties. I have been able to reuse them over and over, simply by repainting the pots and adding different things to the foam ball.

These latest topiaries started off like this, from my youngest's winter 'one'derland party last year...


I then removed the 'snowballs', ribbon loops and beaded garland and repainted the pots and dowels...



I then covered the foam ball in yellow ribbon...


...and added tissue paper and pom poms to the pot to cover the florists foam, and a fun ribbon and button bow to the dowel.

Then it was time to get busy with the buttons...


...hot glueing them in a random pattern, filling in the gaps with smaller buttons...


I kept going until the ball was completely covered...


To finish off the pink pot I added my daughter's name and age in stickers...


A fun, colourful way to celebrate this happy theme!

Back soon with details on the party bags.

xx

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea E, I love how colourful they are, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I spotted the buttons, I knew this had to be for lalaloospys. How adorable. What a great theme to have fun with!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!